BlueWater Rescue Ropes are the first choice ropes for rappelling, climbing and rescue. They are proven superior to conventional static ropes in any rescue or emergency situation. They are soft, flexible and offer superior handling to most available ropes. BlueWater ropes give users four times the resistance to both abrasion and cutting over an edge than that of conventionally constructed ropes and increased protection from bodily injury and anchor failure. BlueWater Rescue Ropes are the ropes of choice for police, firefighters, military, search and rescue and emergency response personnel around the world. Construction of BlueWater Static Ropes:
Made from a Special Type Six nylon with:
- Superior strength
- Almost twice the thickness of other available static ropes
- Low static elongation and Less shrinkage, for superior flexibility and load absorption
Made using Kernmantle construction with:
- 16 strand sheaths or twice the thickness of standard 32 strand ropes
- Unique, double-twist cable core for low static elongation and resistance to spinning while ascending or descending
- Unmatched ability to elongate and absorb energy in case of accidental dynamic loading to limit resultant risks
- BlueWater II+Plus: The most popular static kernmantle rope. Designed to have excellent handling and knot ability under extreme circumstances. Each of the 16 sheath strands is essentially a small three strand rope giving you the edge for abrasion and cut resistance, especially under loads. This design gives the user unparalleled and predictable handling characteristics making BlueWater II+Plus the economical choice for use in caving, rappelling and rescue applications.
- SafeLine features a 16 carrier polyester sheath braided over twisted nylon core strands. This unique balance of sheath and core produces a rope with exceptional handling characteristics and resistance to abrasion. Excellent choice for fire/rescue, rope access and technical rescue use.
- ArmorTech: A new concept in rope design. ArmorTech is the ideal rope for high heat situations such as welding or confined space entry where there exists the possibility of a flash fire or contact with a hot surface or welding slag. This unique, one of a kind, double sheath design also has excellent cut resistant properties. This rope gives its user the ultimate in safety for extreme conditions. Available in custom lengths with swaged end terminations, with or without hardware.
- A number of other models are available to meet user requirements.
Available Sizes: By Diameter:
- 9mm (5/16”): Suitable for utility use (alternative to webbing for rigging), as fixed lines in expeditions applications or doubled as an emergency escape line (does not meet NFPA life line safety standard).
- 10mm (3/8”); Suitable for use as a light-weight, single person safety line and meets NFPA standard. Especially good in big wall applications, as fixed lines and for jumaring.
- 11mm (7/16”): This is the most commonly used size BlueWater offers. It is widely used for single person rescue lines, caving, rappelling and military applications.
- 13mm (1/2”): Meet the NFPA minimum standard (9000 lb.) for two person ropes.
- 50m (100 ft. in U.S.): Popular length for rappelling shorter drops and most suitable where weight or price is an issue. Sold in hanks.
- 200 ft. (U.S. only): More versatile where a longer rope is needed. Also sold in hanks.
- 100m (300 ft. in U.S.): This is useful for rappelling longer drops and is popular for use in rescue operations. Available in spools or in stores, can be stocked and cut to shorter lengths
- 450 ft. (U.S. only): Available on spools of 5/16” only. Can be cut to desired length.
- 200m (600 ft. in U.S.): Available only on spools. Can be stocked in stores and cut to order.
- Whip End Dip; seals the ends of both kernmantle and laid ropes to prevent unraveling
- BlueWater Rope Cleanser: Removes dirt, grit, oil and tree sap from ropes. Never use bleach or bleach substitute when washing ropes.
- BW Rappel Gloves: Top quality leather with reinforced palm for extra protection.
- Tactical Assault Harness: The new BlueWater Tactical Assault Harness is strong, light and durable.